Dollar Spot Options 2016
Just a quick post on dollar spot options as we are coming into more of a peak for dollar spot control with high humidity and heavy dews. February in Sydney is the most humid month of the year according to BOM.
At Campbell’s we have many options for dollar spot control and a greater spectrum of FRAC (fungicide groups) than anyone else.
Here is a quick look at the options we have with FRAC next to it (click on each product for label & SDS link):
- Dacogreen WeatherShield (M5)
- Protak (3)
- Tridim (3)
- Vorlon (1)
- Ippon 500- water based (2)
- 250GT – oil based (2)
Also if you can utilise cultural controls as well your turf will be much better off. here are some tips to use over the next few months:
- Remove dew daily (also before spraying contact fungicides especially)
- Avoid drought stress
- Maintain adequate nutrition especially N. Low N program increases dollar spot severity
- Reduce shade and improve air circulation by either eliminating trees or cutting back branches
- Dust greens on regular basis
- Roll greens (start this process before onset of disease)
- If seeding choose a cultivar that is less prone to dollar spot. Many new varieties have been developed over the past 10 year.
- Clean equipment after use
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.